the Mellon's

the Mellon's
Happy Families

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Chemo 4 delayed...

Hi again, just to let you know that my planned chemo has been delayed by a week. My blood counts were all good apart from my platelets which were in the mid 70's but had to be above 100.  So I'm on hold for a week going back in next Tuesday.

Silver lining = I had previously bought a ticket to see Roger Waters performing the Wall, I had to sell this ticket. However I have just bought an equivalent ticket and saved $50!!! Yippee!! Prog rock here I come tomorrow!!

Also I can go up to Caloundra at the weekend to watch Kyle compete in his triathlon. So a positive there! Of course later in the the cycle sequence this week trips me up so I'll have to cope with that as it happens.

Check back in a week or so..
Alan

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alan & Liz. Sitting in front room watching the snow fall on 4.2.12 at 11.00pm. What is the temperature like there? Thanks Alan for keeping your blog for all of us to follow your progress. I think of you all so often, hope you can feel all the prayers and good wishes coming across the miles to you all.
    My very best wishes, Lyn (HSLS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lyn for your message, temperatures here are in the mid / upper 20's - so no snow! I'm back in tomorrow to see Tony & really hoping that my platelets have recovered, I want to get on with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alan - good to hear all is progressing in the right direction. I hope Roger Waters was good. Not much to report from here - our very best to you in the meantime.
    Cheers
    Dave R

    ReplyDelete