the Mellon's

the Mellon's
Happy Families

Monday 12 March 2012

Posting Comments - a lesson from a teenager (ex)

Dear all,
a few people have had fun adding comments to the blog, so here is a small tutorial.

Having chosen a particular post to comment on - click on the green 'comments' link at the foot of the post.  You may find the comments already displayed, in which case just move down to the comment box at the foot of the comment section.  Type in your comment.  At this point I recommend taking a copy of the text you type - there is nothing more frustrating than losing that fantastic witicism to the vagaries of software! 
Below the comment box is a small box labelled "Comment as" with a drop down arrow. Click on the drop down arrow which provides options. Now if you have a Google / AIM or listed account you can select those options. If you use this I recommend that you have logged in prior to writing your comment!!  If you don't have such an account you can select "Anonymous" or "Name / URL" - put in a name that I'll recognise so that I don't delete your comment.  I tested with Name/URL (no URL required) and got a comment to review in my e-mail with that name listed - so it appears to work.

I hope this helps those who would like to leave their personal messages.  Still have problems - email me & I'll post for you.

Update
I'm at home on day 6 of Chemo 5, so blood counts are dropping & I have to be a good boy and avoid infection for a few days.  I have a short chemo session on Friday with blood tests and at this point we will see how I'm responding with respect to Neutropenia & blood counts for platelets etc.  I'll let you know more when I know more!!  11:48pm - time for bed - nite nite all.

2 comments:

  1. Christine Fretwell (Hounslow)19 March 2012 at 03:32

    Hi there Alan all Fretwells are thinking of you and wishing you well. The instructions for your Blog are great now I have finally got on the site! Cold day in England today and it's Mother's day. had to make do with a skype from Ben in Perth but it is a great way to keep in touch . I'm sure you use it a lot to America. Love to you all Chris(tine)Fretwell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan

    How are you now? Have you finished chemo 5? Is that it? What now? Hope you are home again and have enjoyed a good Easter! Just checking up on you from cold and rainy Denmark.

    best

    Helen

    ReplyDelete