the Mellon's

the Mellon's
Happy Families

Sunday 27 November 2011

Freeze frame.........

Well it's been a little while since I've written. My chum Hayley has done an excellent job of keeping you all up to date. 

It's Sunday here in Bris Vegas, breakfast is cooking. The update is really about  the last few days and the goings on.  I had the 4th biopsy on Wednesday evening, which has been the largest, being the removal of a lymph node in surgery.  I was fortunate in that once Dr Tony Blackwell, my oncologist, found that the earlier biopsy would not give him the results he needed, he immediately arranged for me to undergo the surgery. This was with Dr O'Connor, a respected surgeon, before he disappeared for a couple of weeks.

That night I slept well with no pain at all, thankfully, apart from the discomfort from the double 'port-a-cath' in my left shoulder.  After that night in hospital I was discharged into Hayleys care!  So what next?  Tony expects to have the biopsy results on Monday, but has asked to see me on Tuesday.  It is likely that I will then undergo chemo shortly after that. 

Liz and I are avidly reading lots of literature all about managing this illness,  and beneficial compementary actions that we can adopt.  We'll let you know more once we know more!!

Your support and well wishes have been fantastic - thanks.

Techy tale - to post a comment you must be registered with google.UPDATE settings changed anyone can post -  I have registered my non google (aol) email as a google account, so I don't need another email address. When you post successfully it tells you so.  I'm moderating comments each day - so if you see nothing, it may have gone wrong!  Commenting is really strange because it keeps telling me I can't comment on my own blog - stick with it, and if all else fails e-mail me.  I'll try and chat to a blogger friend and find out more on this irritating subject!!

Alan

1 comment:

  1. Alan - lovely to 'hear' from you and we are thinking of you in this tough time. The good thing is, you miss out on all the Christmas shopping and having to force down all those mince pies! The bad thing is, you are stuck in hospital with (I assume) only repeats of Neighbours on the telly with which to polish your fake Aussie accent. Alan, old mate. Keep your pecker up and we are thinking (and praying) of /for/with (other prepositions are available) you. Love, Helen and family.

    ReplyDelete